What is the role of the Governing Body?
The Governing Body works in partnership with the staff to promote high quality education for pupils. We appoint the Headteacher and work closely with her to make decisions that directly affect the education and well-being of the children.
Part of a school Governing Body’s responsibilities are to:
- Promote high standards of educational attainment
- Set an annual budget detailing planned spending
- Make decisions on matters such as performance, targets, school policies and school development plans
- Draw up an action plan following inspection reports
- Appoint staff, ensuring the implementation of a range of personnel procedures
- Ensure the health & safety of pupils and staff
The Governing Body is a ‘critical friend’, challenging and supporting the Senior Leadership Team, monitoring the outcome of policies and ensuring accountability.
Our School Governors are very supportive and actively take part in all areas of the school curriculum by visiting the school and attending regular governor meetings. If you would like to meet with any governors, please make contact with the school office.
If you would like to contact a member of the Governing Body, please contact the Clerk to the Governing body via email – email@example.com.
click here to see the Governing Body Conflict Management document:-