At Motcombe School, we are proud to have a School Council.
Our School Council is currently made up of 18 children from Year 1 and Year 2, led by Mrs Robinson. The team has been voted for by their class to be class representatives.
School Council represent the voice of the children in the school and have two or three meetings each term, allowing pupils to express concerns, views and ideas about how to make changes in their school, as well as organise events.
The School Council are responsible for:
- organising a Macmillan Cake Sale
- selling poppies for Remembrance Day and laying a wreath during our Remembrance Service
- organising the ‘Daily Mile’ walk or run round our school playground
- organising Fairtrade fortnight
- organising mufti days to support areas of the world identified as needing help by the Disaster Emergency Committee (DEC)
- organising Sports Days
The School Council recently took part in an Enrichment Day focusing on British Values. They were visited by Stephen Lloyd, MP for Eastbourne, and PC Gareth Evers. They also devised a game to be shared in their classes to help them understand what the five British Values mean. These are:
- Personal Liberty
- The Rule of Law